Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ever sport the "deer in the headlights" look?

Well, WE sure have been, here in this house!! After four years of trying to have children, ten months of which we worked intensely with an infertility clinic, we FINALLY got what we've been wishing for: I'M PREGNANT!! WahooooOooOoo!! I'm in my fifth week, due sometime around June 9, 2009. Multiples are a strong possibility, due to several reasons -- this thrills us!! I still can't believe it. Everyone has been SO wonderfully supportive and excited with us -- I send you all my love!

I've been commissioned to create a baby quilt for a friend's friend. It's turning out adorable, if I do say so myself! Dark blues and greys make-up a nighttime sky with cute yellow applique stars and moon that I drew myself. She had the baby early, so it obviously won't be done for baby's arrival, but at least this way I know his name and can embroider his birthdate on it!

While quilting is the stronger passion, I learned to knit this year, too. I decided to make a couple lap afghans for the living room... one for my husband and one for me. I've only learned the basic garter stitch for now -- I was about to learn how to purl and move on to other stitches when my husband saw the knit swatch and liked that so much, he requested that be how his afghan be made! Easy to please... I like him! :) I've completed the three panels of his afghan and last night taught myself (with the help of a great tutorial at knitty.com) how to connect the three panels using the mattress stitch. I was so proud of myself & hubby was tickled pink when he heard I was so close to finishing his project! (Confession: I have a HORRIBLE time finishing gifts for him. It's become a running joke between us over the years. I'm determined this time and promised him before the year was up, he'd have it!!) Off to work more on it...!!!

No comments: