Friday, December 5, 2008

Where, Oh Where...?

Ooph... best laid plans and all, eh? *sigh* I notice it's been a month since my last blog post and I wonder, "WHERE did that time go?!" Actually, I know where it went: right into my pillow! Wow! First-trimester-exhaustions may be over and done with, but I feel like I'm doing nothing but sleeping and eating these days. With my ever-changing pregnant body and hubby's overnight work schedule, I'm getting PLENTY of sleep, more than I ever have, actually, but it's all kinda wackily gotten. And I was one of those fortunate women who didn't gain an ounce during their first trimester (even though I grazed night and day)... so I'm HOPING (hehe)... I can continue with said grazing without having too much trouble. *snicker* We shall see... My current joke is that I get a cookie while I'm peeling an orange, cuz the calories will be burned-off during the work of peeling the orange. Muaha...

We had a third ultrasound on November 10 and were amazed at how much Squidge has grown, had moved to lay on his/her back, had a leg stuck up in the air... So sweet. We were going to wait a few more months before setting up the nursery, but I had a Giddy Nesting Moment last week, so we started hauling stored stuff out of "the other room" and moving furniture into "the nursery."

So... bills pile up... the roof is wearing a lovely blue tarp to cover a leak we can't afford to fix... I'm sleeping in my trough... but it's still a Home, Sweet Home, no matter what seems to go wrong. Someday I'll inherit millions from that deceased relative I never knew I had on the same day I win the megabucks I never play... right? :)

No comments: