Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ZZzzZzzz.......

Ahh, the first trimester... and the things no one tells you about until AFTER you've experienced them. Fortunately, the morning sickness (which was really from 3PM - 10PM) didn't last long and my marriage survived the weeks of PMS-like cramps & mood swings that followed suit (*chants* I love my husband, I love my husband...). But now... oh my gawd... I'm freakin' TIRED all the time. I'm getting so far behind in everything. Housework I'm not stressing over so much (which is weird for me), because A) my hubby's been a dearheart, helping me out a LOT and B) if it doesn't get done today, it'll be there tomorrow, right? The main thing I am worrying over, though, is that quilt I was commissioned to do. I think I'm officially late this week. I just haven't had the energy to work on it as much as I normally would, so I'm feeling really bad about the whole situation. It's for a close friend and he's said not to worry about it, but I do. I know there's no way he can understand HOW TIRED I am... but at the same time, I said I'd get it done (and he IS paying me for it)... so... meh...

First thing that's gotta come first is my health, though. I'm sleeping as much as I can, taking it easy and not doing anything stressful to my body. I've hopefully only got three more weeks of restriction (and exhaustion), then I'm hoping to be back to normal.

It's not often I can make my husband giggle, nor introduce him to something of which he's not aware. Well, tonight I was able to do both and get him in a giddy mood before sending him off to work. Instead of taking his time getting ready for work, we ended up spending time together, playing a game a little longer than we should have -- we miss each other!! Doing so, however, gave him only 20 minutes to get showered & dressed AND eat dinner. And what was for dinner? No clue -- I hadn't thought that far! *laugh* I shooed him to the shower and took a peek in the fridge. Garlic bagels... spagetti sauce... ham steak... cheese... voila, bagel pizzas!! Five minutes to get them ready and five minutes in the oven gave us a super speedy and fairly nutritious dinner. He'd never had them before and thought they were going to be horrible, but bite number one proved him wrong and set him into a fit of giggles that lasted the whole ten minutes of dinner. And, I didn't send my man off to work on an empty stomach. Yay!!

Hurrah and congratulations, Barack Obama and Joe Biden!! Whew whew!!

No comments: